We are pleased to say we have found a way to start repairing again. Although our monthly Repair Cafes are still on hold, we are now doing repairs within the Share and Repair Shop.
The format may look a little different to what you’re used to so here is what you need to know:
- We are running PRE-BOOKED repair sessions only. You MUST book in advance as we cannot do drop-in repairs.
- Repairs sessions are held on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays and each appointment is for 1 hour.
- Our repairers can fix mechanical and electrical items and we also have sewing slots available.
- You will need to put your item in a bag THREE days before the session and not touch it so that it is quarantined. This reduces the risk to our repairers.
- Please bring a face mask with you. It is up to you and the repairer to decide whether to wear masks.
- When you arrive in the Share and Repair Shop, you will sit at a table with the repairer. There is a perspex screen between you and repairer so you can watch the repair.
- Repairs are free of charge but donations are, of course, welcome. You can donate using cash in the shop or through Local giving HERE!