Can you help us expand the Library of Things and get Bath borrowing?
We have launched our first crowdfunding campaign to add new items to the Bath Library of Things, keep our items in tip-top condition and double the number of borrowers.
We’d love you to contribute.
We have a fundraising target of £7,000. With that we can:
- add new popular items we don’t currently have
- maintain items in the Library of Things so they can be used again and again
- double the number of Library of Things users by raising awareness
Why are we doing this?
The way we live and the amount we buy is causing an environmental crisis. But there is a better way. When communities share, people can access more without it costing the earth.
We launched the Library of Things in November 2018 to get people in Bath sharing and borrowing items they only need to use now and again.
- Practical tools such as DIY power tools. Did you know that in the UK we are second in the world in the amount of electrical waste we create? Yet many electrical items are only used once or rarely. The average drill is used for just 13 minutes in its entire life!
- Seasonsal items too. Think one-off jobs in the garden or body boards for a trip to the beach.
- And even more fun stuff too. Our chocolate fountain is a winner for kids’ parties.
We know that people love to borrow from the Library of Things. We also know that if we can improve the quality and quantity of our items – plus raise awareness – we can Get Bath Borrowing even more.
How can you help?
Simply make a pledge to donate and choose a reward if you’d like to.
Let’s do this.